You may remember a while ago (back in February) when I posted about these skirts which I made for my goddaughters and my niece. Well, when my little niece tried her skirt on her mum asked me if I had any of the fabric left and whether I could make a top to go with it. OF COURSE I said, completely DELIGHTED because NO ONE HAS EVER ASKED ME TO MAKE THEM ANYTHING EVER BEFORE and also I am SICK of that fabric, really truly sick of it. So I happily agreed.
I switched it up a bit and lined the whole thing, it’s not overly visible in the pictures but as well as embroidery, the taffeta has sequins sewn into it – cute, but not great against the skin. So I lined it in the same lining fabric I used for the skirt.
This was a dream to sew up – and a really simple tutorial to follow. Although I confess maybe I enjoyed it so much because it was the first complete project I sewed on my Christmas present of my new Janome (you may have guessed that I’m blogging past projects at the moment, this is largely due to the amount of wedding sewing I’ve got to do this year that you will be able to see after September).